Recipe Friday! East West Essentials‘ co-founder and celebrity nutritionist Haylie Pomroy is sharing a wonderful way to wake up! (Don’t forget to eat within 45 minutes of waking to maintain an optimal metabolism for the day!)
* ½ cup chopped spinach
* 3 egg whites
* 1 whole egg
* ½ tsp. olive oil
* mozzarella or feta cheese
* ½ avocado, diced
* salsa (optional)
1. Warm the spinach in a pan with the olive oil on medium-low heat.
2. Mix in eggs and whites. Let the omelet continue to cook until the egg at the edge starts to go crispy, then add the cheese, avocados, and salsa to one half of the omelet.
3. Fold over the omelet and let it sit in the pan for about 30 seconds, then remove.
4. Its great paired with a piece of sprouted toast or a sprouted grain tortilla.